Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16 Al

A funny thing happened on my way to take pictures of the sunrise this morning. I actually got up and dressed in time to go to the beach for sunrise -- quite an accomplishment for me on a Sunday morning. After I put the camera in the car I came back through the house to get a sweatshirt and noticed my friendly neighbor the owl sitting on my dock. I see him often, but always in trees, never on the dock. It was too dark for a great shot but I cheated a bit and brightened this one up because it HAS to be my shot of the day. As usual, he had no problem looking into the camera for me. A friend asked me recently if he had a name. I don't know his name, but this morning I decided I'll call him Al.

3 comments:

April said...

Hi Al. Good to see you again.

Unknown said...

he's big and beautiful! I love this shot. I am so enjoying your blog Colette!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

How fun, Colette! Good capture. Owls are such beautiful birds. He's very handsome.