Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day13 Sculpture

In the median of Highway 90 in Biloxi and Gulfport there are beautiful wood sculptures carved out of trunks of trees decimated by Hurricane Katrina. They are beautiful! Fish, birds, even a seahorse. What a great way to create public art. I understand they have become quite a tourist attraction now. This morning I was driving past Lake Shelby in Gulf Shores and noticed how beautiful the light was.While trying to capture the scene with the camera I noticed this bent and broken tree trunk and it reminded me of those sculptures. I swear I see a bird taking flight.

When I decided to call this photo project "Seeing Things" I didn't know I would actually begin to see things that aren't there . . . but after the rose sighting in my picture a couple days ago, I'm beginning to think it's part of my mission on this little journey. And besides that, it's fun!