Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 362 Barn

As I was driving along a road I've driven hundreds of times, today I noticed a barn in the distance. I followed another road that took me right to it. I looked for "no trespassing" signs and saw none so I followed the driveway into the middle of a pecan orchard. As has happened more times than I can explain, as soon as I got out of my car and started taking pictures, a vehicle showed up out of nowhere. I prepared to explain that I was just taking pictures for myself and no, I wasn't going to cause any trouble and yes, I would gladly leave the premises. . . . Imagine my surprise when the guy in the truck nodded, waved and drove right by me, through the orchard, into the hay field. Wow. I wonder how many other people with cameras he's happened upon in his pecan orchard? I guess it comes with the territory when you have such a picturesque barn.
P.S. I will definitely make a morning trip back here, because the other side looks even BETTER!